Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMightyCasey
Reel Rookie

This is the hill that people are standing on?

Changes to the Terms of Service (ToS)? This is the hill where you all take a stand against a manufacturer of a product that you paid as little as $50 for? Just because you dont want to agree to a condition like aberration? Other manufacturers around the globe makes you jump through hoops to use their product.

I just purchased a Blackstine grill over the weekend and it was missingva small part for a knob. But before I could even talk to customer service. I had to register my product with model and serial numbers, date of purchase, when and where I purchased it and a copy of the receipt. I had to jump through all these hoops for them to send me a $050 piece. 

I have an idea, if you don't l Iike it, find another product and stop using it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: This is the hill that people are standing on?

"Changes to the Terms of Service (ToS)? This is the hill where you all take a stand against a manufacturer of a product that you paid as little as $50 for? "

Not all Roku devices are $50 or less, the Roku Ultra is double that and Roku TVs can be several hundred dollars. You don't even know what you are talking about. People have a right to be upset being forced to agree to terms or their device is locked out.

Go play with your grill knob, nobody cares.

edroksense
Roku Guru

I have an idea, if you don't  Iike it, find another product and stop using it. "

Even though you have another product in hand but you will still haunt for Roku later on.

This is just a way how they can maximize their profit but twisting our head ... like immunity from suit.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

And has been noted many times: Virtually everything you buy or pay for these days has a binding arbitration clause. Credit cards, cars, most any kind of service, etc... You can thank AT&T and the Supreme Court for that.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.