Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erniemink
Channel Surfer

The newest Roku Ultra. Can I completely disable and deactivate the artificial intelligence?

With no surprise, the newest model of Roku Ultra, Model 4850R, has A.I., or artificial intelligence/machine learning, which many knows will always be a risk for sentient duality technology invasive actions of the A.I., and privacy and data issues. We already see that happening. I like the faster processor, Wi-Fi 6 and other updated features, but am disappointed to see the implementation of A.I. I want to disable all A.I./machine learning.

Please make sure there is a guaranteed option to do just that, and NOTHING is running in the background with A.I. if I do so.

One last request, does the Ethernet connection support up to gigabit? Previous models were restricted to only 100 Mbps maximum internet speed. Most people use 250 Mbps up to gigabit speeds nowadays. I do not like to use wireless because many of us feel it is not as secure, reliable and guaranteed consistent on all streaming and quality of video and audio. And there are documented studies of that, as well as the consumers witnessing this fact. I have not used wireless in years.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The newest Roku Ultra. Can I completely disable and deactivate the artificial intelligence?

It still has 10/100 Base-T Ethernet.

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.