Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James641

Streaming player won't function

My streaming device did an update and now doesn't function. Only the homepage, return and left arrow buttons worked. The OK (enter) button didn't work at all. Tried to do a reset but couldn't get the enter button to work there, either. Finally did a manual factory reset with the button. After it reactivated I found that I could not select my wifi signal to re-enter it or do anything else. 

According to the website, my device is not eligible for agent support. 

So what do I do next?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming player won't function

What device do you have?  Model number not name

0 Kudos
James641

Model 3930X 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@James641 

I think I would just try and eliminate a defective remote as the culprit.

You can purchase a new Voice Remote or even an inexpensive IR based universal streaming remote compatible with Roku devices at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc. (the IR remotes will not work with Streaming Sticks, but will for the Streaming players).

If the new replacement remote works, then you know you just have a bad remote.

Otherwise, if the device is less than a year old, you can submit a warranty claim.  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
James641

I have another device on a different TV. I'll try to use that remove with this streamer. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos