Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulGor
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick+ - bright light problem

Jump to solution

Hello!
The stick light is "On" and it's fine. We have it in the TV in our bedroom and here is a big problem:
usually in the middle of the night say at 2am or 3am Roku starts it's Update. BUT for no reason the Update goes with super-bright flashing lights (as say a table lamp got turned On) -
my wife wakes up and is very unhappy, wants me to get rid of Roku 😞
The Stick is on the back on the TV, so I don't want to reach and disconnect it every evening and then connect next day.
Is it any way to turn this "light show" OFF? The Update itself does not need such thing, so I hope there is a way to turn the lights effects off...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming Stick+ - bright light problem

Jump to solution

I’m not aware of a way to turn it off, but how about a piece of opaque tape?  Black electrical tape would seem like a good choice for this.  I have solved several “too-bright” LED issues with tape over the years.

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’m not aware of a way to turn it off, but how about a piece of opaque tape?  Black electrical tape would seem like a good choice for this.  I have solved several “too-bright” LED issues with tape over the years.

Banned but back. Because why not?
PaulGor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, I just need to find the spot where that flashing light is. Yes, I also use black tape on my laptop as Ethernet jack has kind of bright flashing light 🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.