Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB-Swazey

Soundbar won't communicate with TV over ARC when Roku stick is plugged in.

As an AV installer, I’m getting a lot of service calls for this exact issue. It’s happening between various models of Samsung and LG TVs as well as Roku models (Express, Stick, and Ultras). We simply unplug the HDMI from the Roku and then the soundbar ARC works as expected. Roku needs to dive deeper into this. It’s a repeating, reoccurring issue. I feel like the Rokus are trying to communicate to other HDMI devices connected to the TV or it’s something with HDCP. Sometimes swapping HDMIs work. Sometimes switching sound output to stereo or PCM helps. Other customers are left with unplugging and plugging the HDMI out of the Roku device to get their soundbar going. 

MattL2
Channel Surfer

Soundbar won't communicate with TV over ARC when Roku stick is plugged in.

Hey. Thank you for this information! I was thinking my experience was unusual. It's good to know that there is not something wrong with my TV (which is what Roku support claimed.)