Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dk840
Channel Surfer

Screen size not working stretch/zoom

Latest OS 11 update, build 4193. I am unable to get any change in the picture menu normal/direct/stretch/zoom etc. Picture remaining the same for any setting. Any ideas?

Hisense Roku tv

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen size not working stretch/zoom

It sounds like you're saying something changed, but just in case, that setting only applies to connected devices or over-the-air broadcasts, not streaming channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dk840
Channel Surfer

Thank for the reply.

Although, I did try changing screen size (aspect ratio) while watching OTA channels and streaming movies anywhere, any selection did not change the screen at all. 4:3 shows will not stretch or zoom in to fill screen as it previously used to. i.e. channels: Classic/Retro/Decades.

And, I'm pretty sure I could watch newer movies via streaming, 2.35:1, select zoom and have a full screen.

0 Kudos
Dk840
Channel Surfer

Soft resets did not correct issue. Hard reset corrected OTA and streaming movies anywhere, from what I tested. Should have tried sooner, I guess.

All good 😊

0 Kudos