Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jekel
Channel Surfer

Screen mirroring with MacBook

Jump to solution

One day click on Mac's screen mirror icon and it works, today it does not.

All the same devices there.

Hisense Roku TV goes to Air Play logo...everything blinks...then TV goes back to home screen.

The Mac book icon shows mirroring for a bit, then blinks again and later, many seconds to a minute, a pop up says cannot connect.

All of network is good.

If i use he Screen Mirroring app on the home menu it goes to a screen with a QR code showing the TVs IP, saying to get an app which is $8.99 with nothing but bad reviews as it being a scam.

Whats up ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring with MacBook

Jump to solution

Hi @jekel,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble connecting Airplay to your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. To ensure that Airplay is successfully connected, make sure your Roku device has the Airplay option enabled. To check that, go to Settings > Apple Airplay & HomeKit AirPlay. If it is turned off, enable Airplay. Now, try to connect Airplay to your Roku device.

You may also want to check out this support article on using AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John
John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring with MacBook

Jump to solution

Hi @jekel,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble connecting Airplay to your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. To ensure that Airplay is successfully connected, make sure your Roku device has the Airplay option enabled. To check that, go to Settings > Apple Airplay & HomeKit AirPlay. If it is turned off, enable Airplay. Now, try to connect Airplay to your Roku device.

You may also want to check out this support article on using AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John
John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcthread
Reel Rookie

AirPlay from Mac isn’t working

Jump to solution

I was watching something on Airplay 10 minutes ago. It was a little choppy so I quit screen mirroring, unplugged/replugged my Ethernet into the tv, and tried to mirror again. Nothing happened. Tried from my phone, nothing happened. Restarted the tv and went into AirPlay settings on both the tv and my Mac and reset them. Still doesn’t work. Both devices are up to date on software updates, I don’t know what went wrong. Is there some new issue where Ethernet now prevents screen mirroring I wasn’t aware of?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.