Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onitakezo
Reel Rookie

Roku updated my player now it doesn’t work

So I bought a new Roku player a year or two ago, the old was 10 years old at the time and couldn’t run things. Now my new one was updated by Roku and it doesn’t work. It says low power and suggests plugging it in to the wall, funny thing, it is. Just like the television and it’s fine and obviously needs more power. Switched the two just to check and the tv is still fine. The Roku isn’t. Tried asking Roku for help but they can’t because wouldn’t you know it the warranty just ran out. I’m sure it going out after just being updated and the warranty passing was a coincidence.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Roku updated my player now it doesn’t work

How can I add a player to my account 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku updated my player now it doesn’t work

@Onitakezo, assuming it's a Roku device powered by a USB power adapter and USB cable, try a different USB cable and/or power adapter.  My personal belief is that the contacts in the microUSB connection get oxidized and lead to this problem, so electronics cleaner and/or inserting and removing the cable multiple times might help.w

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.