Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clynking

Re: Ruko streaming stick setup with Samsung tv and soundbar using HDMI

Jump to solution

If I have a Vizio TV, would I use the same set up? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Clynking, since there have been a few different setups mentioned in this thread, it's hard to say if "the same setup" would work for you.  Basically, if your TV has one of its HDMI inputs marked as ARC or eARC, you'd connect the soundbar to that input and the stick to a different input.  If you have other equipment involved like an AVR, your setup might be different than that.

As far as Vizio vs. Samsung TVs go, the setup procedure is the same.  The brand of TV doesn't matter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Siciliano57
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My situation is reversed and I will also be posting with Samsung support.

I have a new Samsung SmartTV and older Samsung soundbar. My Roku Stick (3820) can control the Samsung soundbar volume and mute functions.  

What I am trying to do is to use the Samsung SmartTV remote to control the directional functions (UP, Down, Left, Right and OK) when I choose Roku in the TV’s Home section of Apps.  The Roku Stick model #3820 does not show in list of Roku model #s using Samsung’s Universal Remote setup.

Any suggestions?  The Samsung remote does control the Roku directional functions with my previous Roku Express.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Siciliano57, no IR universal remote can control a stick.  My so-called "smart" Samsung TV with its RF candy bar remote controls my Ultra via an IR blaster in the TV.  I never use the TV's remote for the Roku since it has so few buttons and can pretty much only move up/down/left/right and press OK.  It's far easier to use the Roku remote to control the TV.  I hope you have better luck with your Samsung TV because I absolutely hate mine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
James47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an optical cable connected between my LG tv and my Samsung by soundbar. I also have an HDMI cable connected from the Roku Ultra to my HDMI/ARC. The Samsung soundbar is set to “D.In”. The Roku doesn’t seem to recognize the soundbar so I have to turn my soundbar on and adjust volume with the Samsung remote. By the way, my system worked fine with my Firestick which I removed for the Roku. Please help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.