Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EBlushinsky
Reel Rookie

Roku stopped appearing on AirPlay options

Roku suddenly stopped showing up as AirPlay option on iPhone and MacBook Air. I have tried all the steps short of factory reset. Is there something I’ve missed? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stopped appearing on AirPlay options

@EBlushinsky

Thanks for the post.

Is your Roku device able to stream content on a channel? Have you confirmed that the Roku device is still connected to your wireless network? Can you provide the Roku model device and OS that the device is currently running?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fortune
Reel Rookie

Same thing happened to me Danny. I use to connect my macbook to my Roku device without issues but it just disappeared suddenly. Both of them are on the same wifi. The Roku device is updated. I can connect my phone and macbook to other TVs in the same house but this particular one that I need most is invisible. I have checked with Apple and everything checked out good on their end. Is there something am missing?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fortune 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide me with the information that I have requested in my previous post above?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EBlushinsky
Reel Rookie

Sorry for the late response. I have figured this out. If I want to stream something from my laptop thru Roku to my TV, i click on the “iPhone” option that pops up in the little AIRPLAY box. Airplay then opens on my TV. Somehow, Roku access is being routed through my iPhone. 
On my iPhone, if I want to stream something through Airplay on Roku, I get 4 options to stream. Again, I choose “iPhone” and Airplay kicks in on the TV. Weird, but that’s how it works now. My Roku box is Model 4230x. Not sure what series that is. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
fortune
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Model.   3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number.   YH001D143591

Software version.  11.5.0 • build 4312-50

Device ID.  213081143591

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @fortune 

Thanks for the follow up regarding Airplay no longer appearing on your Roku device and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your details and concerns to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos