Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user35

Roku Streaming Stick 3820X not updating.

I’ve been trying to update my Roku for almost 2 hours now. I’ve received error codes 000, 003, and 023.4 between my two streaming sticks. 

Here are all the fixes I’ve attempted:

1.  Restarted routers. 

2. Unplugged Roku for 5+ minutes. 

3. Factory restart. 

4. Connected to my mobile hotspot. (It connected but gave me the same 000 error code as my wifi). 

5.  Direct LAN connection to the TV. 

My wifi is working. I’ve tested it on multiple devices. I am completely unable to access the settings menu. It goes straight to the “something went wrong” message. 

Very frustrated at this point. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dmack1990

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3820X not updating.

I’m having the same problem

0 Kudos
iwantmytv

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3820X not updating.

Me, too, I'm using model 3900. This started last night. My system bailed in the middle of a program. The Roku updated its software, but kept failing at the "installing final updates" stage. It would grind away at 0% for awhile, and then return a 023.4 error. The internet connection shows as "excellent." I've tried nearly all the things the OP has done, repeatedly. Now that I've initiated a factory reset, it returns a "000" error after trying to download software. Again, the internet connection shows as being "excellent."

Yes, as the OP says, this is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.