Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollie21

Roku Streaming Stick 3810X won't wake up

I have a 3810X streaming stick running Ver 12.0.0 software.  Up until I bought a new Samsung Smart TV, it has been working fine.  I recently purchased a Samsung UN55CU7000DXZA TV.  The streaming stick works with it.  However, when I turn on the TV, it says that the streaming stick is powered off.  With my other Roku devices, I just press one of the buttons on the remote, and they "wake up".  No matter which key I press on the remote for the 3810X, the Samsung TV continues to say that the streaming stick is powered off.  The only way I can wake up the Roku is to either cycle the power or press the reset button on the streaming stick.  Does anyone have any solution for this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3810X won't wake up

Are you using the TV's USB port to power the stick?  If so, plugging it into the wall might help.  If it's already plugged into the wall and there's a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power, try disabling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.