Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pesto
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Picture - how / where to ask ROKU to let us turn this "feature" off?

Jump to solution

I want to request they let us disable this, but I can't find a place or web site to send feedback to Roku. Czn someone please let me know how to do that?

Thx

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Picture - how / where to ask ROKU to let us turn this "feature" off?

Jump to solution

Hi @Pesto,

Thanks for the response!

We apologize for the misunderstanding, and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We value your feedback as our valued customer.

We don't have any information to share at the moment about when the option to disable the Roku Smart Picture will be available on Roku.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Please be aware that Roku is constantly striving to improve its streaming experience. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback; we value your input.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Picture - how / where to ask ROKU to let us turn this "feature" off?

Jump to solution

Hi @Pesto,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

You can use the following steps to reset the picture settings that you have changed for a picture mode to their default options.

1. Start playing a movie or TV show on your TV
  2. Press Star * on your Roku remote
  3. Select Picture Settings
  4. Select Customize picture
  5. Select Reset Settings for the picture mode you currently have selected
  6. Select Reset to erase all changes made to that picture mode

Tip: You can also reset all audio and picture settings by performing a factory reset in Settings System  > Advanced system settings Factory reset menu. Learn more about how to perform a factory reset.

For more information about picture mode and picture settings, you can visit our Support pages below:

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pesto,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about your concern? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, are you referring to the feature that turns off the picture display while streaming music to a specific channel/app?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pesto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I replied to this question, but do not see my response so I will briefly repeat my reply.

I have no idea why you asked your question, as it suggests you aren't familiar with Roku's roll out of this "feature". Suggest you read Roku's April 10, 2024 press release "Your TV Just Got Better with New Updates from Roku", which in part states "With Roku Smart Picture, you can get the best picture quality for your Roku TV device without having to change the settings. As apps stream, Roku Smart Picture adjusts the backlighting, uniformity, and colors based on the type of TV. Additionally, Roku Smart Picture automatically optimizes the brightness and colors and selects the best picture mode—i.e., sports, movies, vivid, and standard—for the content you’re watching, offering a better TV viewing experience."

That sounds nice, but it cannot be turned off.  So again I ask, where do I send feedback that users should have the ability to turn this off? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pesto,

Thanks for the response!

We apologize for the misunderstanding, and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We value your feedback as our valued customer.

We don't have any information to share at the moment about when the option to disable the Roku Smart Picture will be available on Roku.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Please be aware that Roku is constantly striving to improve its streaming experience. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback; we value your input.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pesto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do you mean you don't have any information?

Please tell me how to turn off the stupid thing.   I'm not the only one who has asked this question. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pesto,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

You can use the following steps to reset the picture settings that you have changed for a picture mode to their default options.

1. Start playing a movie or TV show on your TV
  2. Press Star * on your Roku remote
  3. Select Picture Settings
  4. Select Customize picture
  5. Select Reset Settings for the picture mode you currently have selected
  6. Select Reset to erase all changes made to that picture mode

Tip: You can also reset all audio and picture settings by performing a factory reset in Settings System  > Advanced system settings Factory reset menu. Learn more about how to perform a factory reset.

For more information about picture mode and picture settings, you can visit our Support pages below:

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos