Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

It is probably the streaming channels we should be contacting. I have in the past when a particular channel would be repeatedly added to my home page: never made any difference, but that wasn't a common complaint and this definitely is.

0 Kudos
WillyT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This kind of user abuse makes me think "I wonder how Fire and Slingbox compare these days" 

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Leave comments on their LinkedIn page leave comments on their Facebook page leave comments on their YouTube videos leave comments everywhere they have to feel the pain.

0 Kudos
Deeee

Jump to solution

The entire moral compass of the entertainment industry and it's affiliates is non-existant! They are utterly  appauled if anyone dare state that today's entertainment has demoralized civilization as we know it!

JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"I'm beginning to regret my decision to purchase a Roku TV earlier this year."

I still say they're the best TVs around because Roku is the best platform. It's just been handled poorly.

0 Kudos
JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"Please notify me/us when you find a device which is user friendly."

I did, but it requires a bit of tweaking.

keithx13
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I find it incomprehensible that the people running Roku keep making the same mistake by adding unwanted, unnecessary things to the Home screen.  A couple weeks after we were given the ability to hide Continue Watching they added more **bleep** without the ability to hide.  I already replaced one of my three Streaming Sticks with a competitor’s product.  Looking forward to the after Christmas sales to replace the other two.

PontifexM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I purchased 2 Apple TV 4K yesterday and they were not disappointing 

the home hasn’t changed in years and I can still edit what I choose 

JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Home Screen.jpg

I'm kind of sorry to say it, but I've made a switch as well. I preferred the Roku remote, but my new one is fine, the MX media player has thumbnails, and, above all, this new Home screen is great.

1. Get a cheap Fire Stick.

2. Replace the Home screen with Projectivy Launcher (takes about 10 minutes).

3. Use Launcher Manager to try assigning this to your Home button (Amazon still might undo it).

Optional:

4. Buy an Alexa Voice Remote Pro and make one of the shortcut buttons your "Recent" button, as the original button will take you back to the regular Home screen.

5. Get an OTG cable if you need to hook a flash drive up.

I'm still hoping for Roku to restore the Home screen to what made it so appealing.

dmj742344
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you look at the press release for these new "features", they clearly think this is something the Roku user base wants:

"In a recent survey commissioned by Roku, 64% of streamers say that if they were searching for something new to watch, they would base a search on genre, and 73% feel they are spending too much time trying to find new content to watch."

I've never watched a baking show and I never will. Same for decorating/gardening. 

What's worse is the fanboy regurgitation from many popular streaming websites about this announcement. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.