Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaina
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Oopsie - I saw this thread after I created my own to protest the dumbo "All Things Food" link that was added to left side of the interface this morning. But count me in - I don't want or need these ridiculous links to what is most likely ad-supported content I never intended to view in the first place. I'm beginning to regret my decision to purchase a Roku TV earlier this year.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@mzfl 

Can you share the email?

I have also started leaving messages on their LinkedIn page too.

0 Kudos
mzfl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I didn't repost the email addy because I didn't want him to get flamed. Since it's not published, it would be "kind of like" doxxing. But his name is public knowledge and is published in financial media -- it's Dan Jedda. If you do some searching you'll be able to figure it out & put together the address.
I just sent him a very diplomatic, friendly email, kindly asking him to read this string. (It didn't bounce back). Of course, if this new clutter has created a new revenue stream for Roku, our input may not matter. The it's usually about the shareholders first, then us.
🙂

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@mzfl 

Well thought out, totally have to respect your view on this.

Thank you.

unhappywatcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The screen is cluttered with USELESS blather. I will look into getting another device without the ads EVERYWHERE.

unhappywatcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please notify me/us when you find a device which is user friendly.

shelwood46

Jump to solution

Everyone hates them. Please let us at least hide them like the other things. We all love our Rokus because we can set the home screen exactly how we want it. Whoever designed this does not understand the Roku ethos. Please please, let us hide them.

dmj742344
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agree. I'm never going to use these options. The clean and uncluttered look is precisely why I love my Rokus. I noticed it appear recently on one of my devices, then the next day it appeared on another. Searched high and low for an option to disable it with no success. Then a few days later, on the left hand side text menu, "All Things Food" was added here too. That one DID give me the option to disable, but the main tiles remain.

If this is a sign of things to come, I've bought my last Roku. (I have been with Roku since 2010.) I hate the clutter on the Google and Amazon interfaces. I'm taking a serious look at Apple. I'm am holding out hope that Roku will give us an option to disable though.

Teduardo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Stop adding features without community review.

shadoobee

Re: How to Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I have to agree with all of these responses. I find the addition of this junk with no option to hide incredibly annoying.