Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freeluck
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

The 'contact us' has no way of sending complaints or suggestions.  Useless.

LyHy

Jump to solution

One would hope that 30+ pages of hate would generate some kind of response and/or action.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They brought the channel numbers back to The Roku Channel, possibly due to all the negative posts here and elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Jbrund
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t want “on now”, “categories”, “browse” or any other **bleep** on my home page. Get rid of this garbage!

normaldude

Jump to solution

I don't have anything new to add, but I'm extremely unhappy with ads being mixed in with the channels I've intentionally selected. I am not going to ever interact with these new options, and they make me irrationally angry every time I have to scroll by them when I'm looping through my channels.

It doesn't seem like a useful feature, so Ideally just remove it with the next OS update. At the very least make them configurable like the other content on the home screen.

Spyder0

Jump to solution

Just adding my vote to remove this annoying homepage junk, if I want it I'll install it. Quit it Roku!

JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

We can complain, but they seem unlikely to do anything until they notice an actual decline. I'm planning to install this Fire Stick with a code for a simple home screen. Got a cable for my flash drive too. Others here should consider taking action as well. I'll come back to Roku when the screen is cleaned up.

Fire TV Max.jpg

NYGuy231
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Currently looking into selling my Rokus. apps are faster on firestick anyways, the only reason why I stayed with Roku was because of the clean home, but eh they more interested on making money at the moment.

PS: I cancel the subscriptions mainly because of this **bleep**.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

One of the reasons I have a device for streaming is that I am clueless about all the tech stuff, but I guess I will have to learn how to watch what I want on a large screen through my laptop or phone (which I am only just learning how to use).

Roku sold itself as freeing us from the b.s. of cable, etc. and it has become even more invasive. So very disappointing.

Markfw

Jump to solution

I guess I’m finally switching over to AppleTV boxes. Way to go Roku!