Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahhyeah

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

This feature is absolutely awful & I'm gonna look to switch from roku to something else because of it, & router-block ads in the meantime to stop supporting the company. The most important thing in any app or site is to minimize seeing content I haven't chosen to see, any company working against that doesn't deserve my money

JG66

Jump to solution

Just got off a live chat with customer support regarding this exact problem. They told me to remove the options like you would any other app. NOT!! Obviously there is no way for a consumer to remove these options on their own. If this garbage has to be on this updated home screen, then let me know how to remove this last update. I have my home screen exactly the way I want it, don't like useless, forced nonsense.

I even went into settings and hid the "what to watch" option from my home screen hoping these would go away but didn't work. 

willir64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They didn't learn from the continue watching issue. They push this stuff out and hope it fly's. It more of the same thing. I hate this stuff and I am considering switching back to cable or going to fire stick. If they are going to make changes fine but they should always add a way for people who don't want it to turn it off. It's another bad feature and poorly thought out. I wonder if they think about it or just push stuff out to tick people off?

dc77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with everyone else. PLEASE GIVE AN OPTION TO TURN OFF THE "CATEGORIES" and "BROWSE" ROWS on the Home Screen!!!

You have provided this option before under "Settings" -> "Home Screen" for "Live TV", "Featured Free", "Shortcuts", etc., please provide us the same option for these new Shortcuts! . Some of your most loyal customers come to these forums, know where it is located, partially because we have used your product for so long. I have at least 6 or 7 of your products and have been using it since Roku 1/Roku 2 for 12+ years (including 4 Roku TV's!). If I want to look at recommendations and TV and Movies, I use the "What to Watch" on the left hand side which I use all of the time, but the adding the rows on the Home Screen should have the option to turn off similar to other shortcuts.

Please add a disable option under Settings->Home Screen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to solution

Really? Are you blind? Why do we need to explain where it is when it’s you guys who put it on the main home page. Seriously, that’s like asking me to show you where the sky is. Just turn on your Roku and you’ll see it John. Don’t ask stupid questions. 

JaxsonB

Jump to solution

Mine just updated to this garbage today. Come on Roku, everyone hates it so just get rid of it. Whose idea was this anyway? Like we all turn on the Roku just to see what we can find? Nope, pretty sure most users turn it on to go to a specific channel to watch a specific show/movie. 

jimsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

SERIOUSLY ROKU? AFTER 2 MONTHS YOU FINALLY GET RID OF THE SMALL ICONS AND ALLOW ME TO GET RID OF CONTINUE WATCHING AND NOW YOU SHOVE 2 FULL ROWS OF FORCED FEATURES I NEVER ASKED FOR?

STOP SCREWING WITH MY DEVICE. WTF WOULD I CARE ABOUT YOUR "CATEGORIES" AND YOUR "BROWSE"? WTF.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

ARE YOU GUYS SO HARD UP FOR CASH THAT YOU ARE PUSHING USERS TO CERTAIN APPS AND SHOWS FOR THE KICKBACK?

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They are listening, despite what we think sometimes, just keep the comments clean, making nasty comments and threats only closes out a thread on the forums as I have seen in the past. Trust me, I know how everyone feels.  If they would just have a forum or long-time customer surveys to ask "Do you want this?" before implementing these 'new' annoying features, it would make everyone happy.  The people who don't say a word, and just go with crazy interface changes ARE NOT their core customers, it's those who speak out who are the true customers,  Roku, don't betray us!  Many of my family and friends have purchased Roku based products based on my input over the years, at this point and hearing their frustration as well makes me regret that decision.  That alone should tell you something, there is something called taking things too far, and this is a prime example.

All that being said, they have rolled back SOME of these annoying added 'features' in the past, based on response from loyal customers.

-Just trying to spin this back to 'we don't want this' rather than a rant festival.

jimsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If they were listening this garbage would have stopped months ago. I finally have the option to see the icons again with the 3 row and now there are two rows of **bleep** they shoved on my screen.

This is ridiculous. IT'S MY DEVICE.

Joecascio2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This just popped up for my parents and now the home screen is too confusing to use for them. I used to recommend Roku OS over android, Chromecast, Google TV, and Apple TV purely because of the simplified home screen just being a list of their apps. I can no longer recommend Roku as there is no option to turn them off.