Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetPea820
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I agree. 💩👎🤬

SweetPea820
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too. I just couldn’t believe it. 😡🤬💩

GoodApollo

Jump to solution

This is a trash update. First your update broke sounds (they’re still bugged for me on the latest update as sound doesn’t cut in until 30 seconds after you hit play. Now this.

This will be the last Roku we purchase, I’ll just switch to what the TVs have built in and get a remote for my Xbox/PS5. The point of buying these streaming boxes was their clutter and relatively ad free interface. If you’re getting rid of that then why am I buying it?

Stupid move. 

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Money. They get money from the channels. That's why I used to notify the channels that were being popped onto my screen that if I had been interested in them, I would no longer consider watching them because they were being forced onto my homescreen. Of course, Roku got rid of the option to send feedback or rate the channels.

I guess oblivion makes them all happy.

btl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is so disconnected and out of touch with their user base. They just don't get so many basic things. Their manufactured TVs have the god awful logo with the manufacturers name half way across the screen. Theyre starting to put advertisements in every possible amount of negative space all over the home screen. They could monetize so much more off development, yet they continue to let cheesy and lame select developers create their wallpapers and screensavers.  Now this. Every TV in my house used to have some kind of Roku connectivity. Ive slowly started to replace each of them because theyre ruining the platform. They truly have no xommon sense or how to connect with their audience over there

Jump to solution

Please remove this feature or give us the ability to hide it!  The reason I buy Roku is that I CAN hide all the useless junk compared to a Nvidia Shield. 

stephenjblake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Anyone have a good alternative? I'm done with Roku at this point.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So this Nvidia Shield is not a good alternative?

0 Kudos
JDnTX
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Time to move to Fire!!!

october45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perhaps Google TV. If their advertising gets out of hand you can use a different launcher with no advertising. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.