Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siamhie
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I just rebooted both of my Ultra's today (both are 4800X on OS version 12.5.0) and I now also have these two unwanted category's under my channels. Why does Movies show 9 of 14 items and Browse shows 12 of 14 but I can only see 3?

I now wished I had never rebooted my devices. 

Jump to solution

The whole reason I have been loyal to Roku all of these years is because my Home Screen could be edited to look clean and only show what I wanted to see.  If you are going to litter the Home Screen with no way to remove sections, then I might as well just go to Chromecast with Google TV.  Seriously....fix this....please.  

Rachelar6

Jump to solution

Ugh it's so annoying, mine just appeared today and can't remove it. I hope we get help soon 

JoLiKMC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey.  Roku.  Could you maybe not add more stuff to my Home Screen?  This just popped up with the November 30th update, for me, and I find it irritating.

Think about this rationally.  If you're on the Home Screen, chances are that you're not looking for new channels to add or looking for a movie to watch.  Chances are, you're navigating to one input or another, or maybe aim to watch Live TV or a streaming service.  In essence you're already focused on where you want to go and what you want to watch, so you don't need recommendations at that time.

I'm willing to accept the advert on the side, as it pays for the free streaming TV channels, but this just feels unnecessary.  Thank you.

I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com/ )=-
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It is on the homepage. Why do you need us to show you?

You put it there.

How can you not have a way to remove this clutter?

Roku keeps pushing the line from supporting those who "cut the cord" to forcing us to be attached to their  cord.

I find this very annoying.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Why do you say you value our input? Obviously, since this is a recurring problem and there is a great deal of objection, whether it is this new absurd nonsense that you are forcing on us, or the years of adding channels that are not wanted, you do not value our input.

Further proof of that is you have removed the request for feedback when selecting "*" when on a particular app.

What possible advantage is there to disregarding the preferences of long-time users of your service?

GrumpyOlMan1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since Roku apparently doesn't want to remove this garbage the only two resolutions I can think of are: 1, move to a different platform (since I have 6 active devices not really my option). 2, fight back and block ads.  Easy enough to do in your router.  Just DuckDuckGo "block roku ads".

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You hope to expand with more features? Are you not listening?

Most of us are not using Roku because we want yet another distant algorithm to tell us what we need and what we don't, what we want and what we don't.

How can you not be embarrassed to provide answers that go directly against the poster's comments?

If I could contact the person who said he is looking for replacements, I would and I would probably even provide personal information if it meant I could find a replacement.

You got us under false pretenses and it just gets worse and worse.

Jump to solution

I don't care about their advertising, I bought the tv and it should be mine,  not shared with the company I bought it from.  People don't share my car with strangers.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I agree with every point this poster makes.