Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

This support needs to be added. There's other streaming providers out there and this annoyed me enough to turn off the background adds. If annoying features continue being added then customers can vote with their feet and use a different product.

TJ_Gold

Jump to solution

I am not new to Roku TV, but just "came back" after 8 years. This TV was a gift. I was pleased that my Roku account recognized me, and some of my favs, after so long.

But not being able to DISable this feature from my homescreen seriously annoys my OCD.

The thought that Roku can make a change like this without the OPTION to disable it, without a consumer vote of any kind, annoys me enough to NOT ever buy another one. If I purchase another smart TV, I think I'll stick with Samsung. They're awesome, and my new phone is a Samsung too, now.

mmwestgate

Jump to solution

One of the advantages of Roku over other streaming devices is the Home Screen. It is the essentials only. That is what I want. I consider the Amazon Fire Stick and Google Chromecast to be unusable due to their overly cluttered Home Screens. They are both 90% ads and clickbait. Do not start doing that to Roku. Get rid of the "All Things..." channels.

raspberrygoldlp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remove all things right this second Roku idiots!!!!

DThieme

Jump to solution

You got it. That's the offensive page. Why can't they just leave well enough alone? Or at least provide us with an option as to whether we want to see it or not. I'm a software developer. Everybody that works for me I tell them one quote that every development team should understand. "Know that users for they are not you" 

Mevans0430

Jump to solution

You added two rows of buttons on our home screens:  First row says "Categories" under which choices are "Movies", "TV Shows" and "New and Popular",  and second row is "Browse", under which choices are "Food", "Home" and "Sports".  

Please tell me how to remove these unasked for additions.

I don't want or need **bleep** like this being added without asking.  

Tell me how to remove these unsolicited additions to my home screen.  

Mevans0430

Jump to solution

Great idea! 

I'm turning off my ads too.

Adding cr*p to our home screens without a choice to delete it really sucks! 

Mevans0430

Jump to solution

Are you f*ing joking? 

You think I need or care about "ranked" or "earned"??

I'm an adult, not a child. 

Stop insulting me!! 

Gaucho91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please, please, please, make these go away! I have been a Roku user for over 10 years and these are just awful!

Monkey_Toes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve had a Roku device for about 10 years and we currently own four Roku Ultras.  This latest “feature” has made me look for something else to watch.

I’ve recently purchased a Tablo TV DVR through Amazon and receive 80 OTA channels with my ANTOP AT-415B 720° UFO Dual Omni-Directional plus a few free channels they add through the Internet somehow.  It’s been great and I can fast forward through commercials.  🤣

tablotv.com

ANTOP AT-415B 720° UFO Dual Omni-Directional