Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runlauf
Channel Surfer

Remove all routine offers on screen to add channels being watched to favorites

I do not want to see at the bottom of the screen offers to add a channel that I am watching to my favorites. How can I permanently get rid of this unwelcome intrusion? Sometimes it interferes with captions embedded in a program, not captions by Roku. And I just don't like repeated offers of anything that I cannot turn off. I don't like the clutter repeated offers of something that I choose not to use.

6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove all routine offers on screen to add channels being watched to favorites

What Roku device are you seeing this on? I don't see any such thing on my Roku players, and I don't recall anything like that on my Roku TVs either. Nothing appears at the bottom of the screen on either type of device.

Any chance you can add a screenshot of this? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Slacker41
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove all routine offers on screen to add channels being watched to favorites

I get it every 30 minutes or so on any channel im watching. Forces you to either save to favorites or dismiss. Cant even change channels until you do one or the other. Annoying pointless nuisance

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Like @atc98092, I also haven't ever seen anything like this. I have the same questions:  What Roku device?  Can you provide a picture?

When you say "all channels" do you mean all the channels within some app, or all apps?

0 Kudos
Slacker41
Reel Rookie

@Strega wrote:

Like @atc98092, I also haven't ever seen anything like this. I have the same questions:  What Roku device?  Can you provide a picture?

When you say "all channels" do you mean all the channels within some app, or all apps?

After checking again seems pluto tv is the culprit, not Roku. My mistake all apologies Roku

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

In Pluto, and a couple other channels, that little overlay info box is triggered if you press the Ok button or left and right navigation buttons when on a channel, and automatically appears when you actually change channels up or down or select from the Guide in Pluto.  You can't dismiss it manually in Pluto with a remote button , but will only stay active for a few seconds.  It goes away if you don't hit another button.

In other channels, you can dismiss the overlay info box with the Back button.  Each channel has its own settings programmed by the channel developer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BigAl3k

I also get this irritation. Happens with Onn /Roku television, not my Roku Player Plus device. I did a factory reset, and deleted the Pluto channel = that cleared it once after I re-registered the TV serial number. But the problem is back, getting worse,  and I have more favorites of things accidentally clicked on than I can tolerate. The Roku owners manual pdf only talks of removing off-line antenna tv shows. I need to remove internet streams hearts I don't want.

0 Kudos