Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Remove McDonald’s ad from screensaver

This thread has been submitted to the moderators for multiple violations of the terms of use. Not only will it probably be locked and offensive posts deleted, but continued poor behavior may cause both of you to be locked out. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me, not by choice it's **bleep** here now.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, I can't post on the Roku message board, oh God lve lost the will to live. As long as nobody feels unsafe on their screensaver. Bunch of winners. Watch this.

AlphaTurbo

It's literally mcdoanlds. Calm the frick down 

MichelleJG
Reel Rookie

The screen saver of Roku is so fun! I’m always excited to see what you will do for holidays and I love the little Easter eggs for movies. It’s such a little thing, but it’s entertaining. Then, I see the new McDonald’s advertisement. It’s disheartening. There’s literally no platform that is not ruined by advertisement. I’m sure Roku made a great deal of money for that little McDonald restaurant, but I not so secretly hope everyone complains so loudly that Roku executives have PTSD from 2023 when they tried to ruin the Roku screen saver but make it “profitable.” 

Strega2
Roku Guru

Well, you’re the fourth person to complain in this thread, out of ~70 million Roku subscribers, so PTSD seems unlikely so far.  (And you’re only the fourth if we count a vote against any ads in the screen saver as the fourth vote against the McD ad.)

By the way, there are screen savers, such as the Roku analog and digital clocks which have no ads.  They might be worth a try.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
MichelleJG
Reel Rookie

Hahah!! Yeah, everybody has a lot better things to do probably. 😂😂 

0 Kudos
MichelleJG
Reel Rookie

I did see that, about the other screen savers, I didn’t know that. Thanks

0 Kudos