Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhohvasilio
Channel Surfer

Remove McDonald’s ad from screensaver

Today I saw the McDonald’s golden arches across my screen in the Roku screensaver. This displeases me greatly. I switched my screensaver to a different one, hoping I never see this again but frankly, it’s appalling that this is happening. You might want to reconsider this, Roku. There are other ways to access streaming channels, and this just might push me over the edge.  I don’t need to have garbage ads on my screensaver.  I paid for this device, and pay extra for Hulu, etc to not see ads.  This is a flagrant violation. 

Labels (2)
34 REPLIES 34
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Remove McDonald’s ad from screensaver

There are options under Settings/Themes to DISABLE seasonal and promotional screensavers.

mrcurtis73

Why so much hate for McDonald’s?

uhohvasilio
Channel Surfer

I guess because they exist purely to profit off of spreading junk food and cancer.   It’s easy to say “well then just don’t eat there”. but most peoples’ willpower is not very strong and advertising has been proven to hack it easily.

Polooza
Reel Rookie

I am in 100% agreement. I enjoy my Roku screensaver at night picking out all the nostalgic movie gems. The last thing I want to see is an ad for McDonald’s.  
This is definitely gonna push me over the edge to change providers also.    

ahow13
Reel Rookie

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ahow13, there aren't any options to remove ads from Roku screensavers.  The only solution is to use a screensaver that doesn't have ads.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grow up. The .000001% of people that would be "appalled" by this would be meaningless to what I'm sure they can generate in revenue from this single placement of an ad-free building. What do you actually pay Roku for? Yeah. Get a life. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really to what, Amazon - now THEY have some ads. 

0 Kudos
ahow13
Reel Rookie