Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control with HA plex denials

Using Home Assistant with Plex and roku integrations. Roku tv is up to date and with plex app. I can cast plex from my phone directly to the roku tv and have no issues with controls. Ie. Play, pause, stop ext.

When i try and control the roku tv from home assistant i can turn on the tv, set to plex app but won't allow control over media.  It's like the capability file for the tv isn't correct and is limited.... even though it works while casting directly from my android phone app.

Looking for input for troubleshooting.  Thank you

Screenshot_20230504_090405_Home Assistant.jpg

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote control with HA plex denials

How's it going? @Roberts135576 

Thank you for getting in touch about your issue using Home Assistant with Plex and Roku integrations. We are happy to assist you.

Please check out this article for Home assistance: How to use Google to control your Roku Smart Home devices

Please let us know if it fixes the issue.

Best regards,

RJ

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.