Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bsbs
Binge Watcher

ROKU has blocked access to Emergency Weather Information and Emergency News Alerts

At issue, ROKU’s implementation of the notification of the new Dispute Resolution Terms blocks access to Emergency Weather Service Information and Emergency News Alerts. It may also block Amber Alerts, I have not received notices of any of these Emergency Alerts however my city Tornado sirens were activated yesterday. As I have a TCL ROKU television and am unable clearly visualize the terms associated with the Updated Dispute Resolution notification, I am not willing to concede to ROKU’s demands. Therefore, I am unable to access the ROKU menu to access my local weather and news channels and was unable to take emergency precautions.  Does ROKU have an alternative mechanism to allow their customers to access Emergency Weather Information, Emergency News Alerts, and Amber Alerts? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU has blocked access to Emergency Weather Information and Emergency News Alerts

I'm curious - with your vision issue, did you have the Roku screen reader turned on?  If so, did it read the agreement to you?

If you didn't already have it turned on, and you press * four times, does it read it?

Banned but back. Because why not?
Bsbs
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU has blocked access to Emergency Weather Information and Emergency News Alerts

I forgot to add, ROKU Users are ALSO NOT GETTING NOTIFIED OF AMBER AND SILVER ALERTS.

Really?? What more can be said about ROKU’s CORPORATE MORALITY, ETHICS AND TOTAL LACK OF SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS THEN TO BLOCK ALERTS INTENDED TO AID IN THE SAFE RETURN OF ABDUCTED CHILDREN AND AT RISK ELDERLY OR COGNITIVELY IMPAIRED FOLKS??

I’ve received multiple forwarded emails from ROKU employees posing as outraged customers, sternly stating they have sent or will send legal documents to ROKU’s legal counsel alleging they have or will take legal action. I know these imposters are ROkU employees because no legal action has been forthcoming. ROKU is fully aware the majority of their customers are pacifists or apathetic to the point of not taking decisive action. IF ANYONE wants this fraudulent company to feel the financial pain from angry customers, we ALL MUST INDIVIDUALLY TAKE ACTION, and not rely on what posers claim they have done or will do. 

Bsbs
Binge Watcher

Your suggestion does not help the visually impaired, permanently blinded, and non- English readers. Your suggestion also does not address the fact that the message cannot be retained in print so the individual has a record of what they agreed to. Are you, perchance a ROKU employee? 

Strega2
Roku Guru

It’s true there is almost no correlation between what people say on the internet and what they actually do or have done. 

I did not make a suggestion; I asked a question.  Which I guess you don’t want to answer.  Which is OK, free country and all.  Based on one possible answer, I was going to suggest a course of action. 

Me a Roku employee.  I love it!  Like my signature really looks like the signature of a Roku employee, doesn’t it? And to think someone was recently annoyed at me for calling Roku a company with limited to no support.

Sorry, but not every conspiracy you can imagine is true. 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.