Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swen1

Re: Please advise: Viewing Roku on an iPad

Jump to solution

I have Britbox thru my Roku account.  I am unable to view on my iPad.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Swen1, in general when you subscribe to something through Roku you can only use that subscription on Roku devices.  You can try signing in on the Britbox site using the email address associated with your Roku account (as displayed under Settings->System->About) and use the "forgot password" option.  That may give you the credentials you can use on other devices.  If it doesn't work, the other option if you want to view on other devices is to cancel your subscription through Roku and take out a subscription directly with Britbox.  You can then use that subscription on any device you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

Ok, this should be simple, but the answers are unclear.

I have a Roku stick plugged into my TV, and with it I can watch all kinds of content.

I also have an ipad, and I have installed the Roku app.  That allows me to use the ipad as a remote control for the Roku stick, but that’s not what this question is about. 

i want to use my iPad to watch the Roku channel content on my iPad.  Nothing to do with the stick and TV.  How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PopeyeTheSailor, if you're speaking of The Roku Channel which is an app on Roku devices, you can use the mobile app or the website to watch the free content that's available there.  If you want to use any other app that's available on a Roku device on your iPad, you'll need to find an equivalent iOS app.  The mobile app is not a substitute for an actual Roku device.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Caveat:  I don't have any Apple device, so I'm assuming that whatever's available on the Android app is available on the iOS app.  I also have better luck using the website than the mobile app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Barmann

Jump to solution

Here is the link…

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

0 Kudos