Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laniann-22
Channel Surfer

Player keeps defaulting to Slingtv

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Player keeps defaulting to Slingtv

Jump to solution

@Laniann-22 

Something is causing the remote to generate the IR code associated with that button. It could be a defective remote, it could be an accidental press, or there may be some other possibility that doesn't come to mind.

Not having the app installed doesn't really matter. When the Roku receives the Sling TV launch code, it will launch the app if it's installed, or go to the Channel Store and prompt you for download.

You could try blowing out the button with focused compressed air around the Sling TV button, in case dust or other is causing the contact to connect. Apart from that, I'm not sure what else could be causing it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Laniann-22 

Please offer a full explanation of the issue, to include the Roku model number and Software version (Settings > System > About)

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Laniann-22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Express C43959847117

When I turn on the device, I click on for instance the roku app, instead of playing it goes straight to the Slingtv app to download. It started doing it this morning and now evening. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Laniann-22 

Assuming the Roku Express model 3930, is there a Sling TV button on the remote? Might it be getting pressed along the way? Because the symptoms you're reporting would be what happened if the Sling TV button on a remote was pressed.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Laniann-22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is a Slingtv button, but it’s not being pressed and I don’t have the app down loaded 

0 Kudos
Laniann-22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 3900

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Laniann-22 

Something is causing the remote to generate the IR code associated with that button. It could be a defective remote, it could be an accidental press, or there may be some other possibility that doesn't come to mind.

Not having the app installed doesn't really matter. When the Roku receives the Sling TV launch code, it will launch the app if it's installed, or go to the Channel Store and prompt you for download.

You could try blowing out the button with focused compressed air around the Sling TV button, in case dust or other is causing the contact to connect. Apart from that, I'm not sure what else could be causing it.

DBDukes

Laniann-22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you I will try that. 

0 Kudos