Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackdashack
Roku Guru

Option to stop Roku from changing our themes at their whim?

Jump to solution

Well there it simply is in the Subject. I've purchased 4 Roku's over the years. Everytime Roku decides I need a new Theme they change what I have opted. I never like their choices and why do they do this? Changing back gets wearisome.  Thanks for any suggestions or help on this matter.  Jack ":-Ox

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Option to stop Roku from changing our themes at their whim?

Jump to solution

@jackdashack Go into your settings, find themes, and turn off seasonal themes, and sponsored themes.  You may have to do this again after restarting or an update as on is the default setting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jackdashack Go into your settings, find themes, and turn off seasonal themes, and sponsored themes.  You may have to do this again after restarting or an update as on is the default setting.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just a general suggestion --

It's not a bad idea every once in a while to just go through through all the menus to see what is there.  Some times things get added, removed, or relocated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jackdashack
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I go to settings click on theme and there is no place to turn off seasonal themes.

0 Kudos
jackdashack
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I did find it in the menu thank you very much for your time

0 Kudos