Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bulldog236us
Reel Rookie

Option to get old background back

Jump to solution

Always loved the background scene when you'd surf thru the channels/programs. Nighttime scene, city w/ a river.... It's changed now, a daytime scene. It's all very lovely but I miss the old background. Used it at night like a Lava Lamp. Can a user select the classic background? I miss it. No dig on the new one, but I want to old one back!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Option to get old background back

Jump to solution

Hi @bulldog236us

Thank you for the post!

I understand that you miss the classic background scene on Roku that featured a nighttime cityscape with a river. However, as far as I know, Roku has not provided an option for users to switch back to the classic background theme. The new background theme was likely introduced as part of an update to the Roku operating system, and it is designed to provide a fresh, modern look for the interface.

While it's understandable that you miss the old background, it's worth noting that the new background theme may have some advantages as well. For example, it may be easier to see the program listings and navigate the interface with a lighter background.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bulldog236us
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Watched it again, looks like the same city, but daytime. I actually like it, but like the original, night scene better. It would be perfect if the new daytime one played in daylight hours and the old one played all night! Guess we're stuck w/ the new one 24/7...

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bulldog236us

Thank you for the post!

I understand that you miss the classic background scene on Roku that featured a nighttime cityscape with a river. However, as far as I know, Roku has not provided an option for users to switch back to the classic background theme. The new background theme was likely introduced as part of an update to the Roku operating system, and it is designed to provide a fresh, modern look for the interface.

While it's understandable that you miss the old background, it's worth noting that the new background theme may have some advantages as well. For example, it may be easier to see the program listings and navigate the interface with a lighter background.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
bulldog236us
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your reply. I figured that there wasn't an option to "go back" and your reply confirmed that. I was just hoping that the old one might be an option but that hadn't figured out how to select it. In perfect world, we could toggle back and forth like we can on some sites that have a "night" option with a dark hue so we don't have a bright light in our faces while we surf if we're up past our bedtime. Which is true for me on many nights, truth be told...

0 Kudos