Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyManDude
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.0] Bluetooth connection is all choppy with the latest update

Jump to solution

Bluetooth working all choppy after the latest 12.0 update. I trust this issue will be resolved soon.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: My Bluetooth connection is all choppy with the latest 12.0 update

Jump to solution

Hi @GuyManDude

Thank you for the post.

If you're experiencing choppy Bluetooth audio with your Roku device after updating to version 12.0, here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

• Check your Bluetooth signal strength. If your Roku device is too far away from your Bluetooth device, the connection may be weak and cause the audio to be choppy. Try moving your devices closer together to see if that improves the connection.
  • Restart your Roku device. Sometimes, simply restarting your device can help resolve connection issues. To do this, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
  • Try resetting your Bluetooth connection. To do this, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Pair a new remote or device > Bluetooth devices > Your device > Forget this device. Then, re-pair your device with your Roku.
  • Check for interference from other devices. Other electronic devices such as microwaves, cordless phones, or even other Bluetooth devices may be interfering with your Bluetooth connection. Try moving your devices away from any potential sources of interference to see if that helps.

If none of these solutions work, try rolling back to the previous version of the Roku software. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System update > Update software > and then selecting the option to "Update automatically, but ask me before downloading". This will allow you to manually select the previous version of the software to install.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GuyManDude

Thank you for the post.

If you're experiencing choppy Bluetooth audio with your Roku device after updating to version 12.0, here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

• Check your Bluetooth signal strength. If your Roku device is too far away from your Bluetooth device, the connection may be weak and cause the audio to be choppy. Try moving your devices closer together to see if that improves the connection.
  • Restart your Roku device. Sometimes, simply restarting your device can help resolve connection issues. To do this, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
  • Try resetting your Bluetooth connection. To do this, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Pair a new remote or device > Bluetooth devices > Your device > Forget this device. Then, re-pair your device with your Roku.
  • Check for interference from other devices. Other electronic devices such as microwaves, cordless phones, or even other Bluetooth devices may be interfering with your Bluetooth connection. Try moving your devices away from any potential sources of interference to see if that helps.

If none of these solutions work, try rolling back to the previous version of the Roku software. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System update > Update software > and then selecting the option to "Update automatically, but ask me before downloading". This will allow you to manually select the previous version of the software to install.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
GuyManDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It actually fixed itself.

Thank you for the list of solutions though I would probably have used them if it didn't fix itself.

0 Kudos
GuyManDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nope I spoke too soon I tried all the fixes and It didn't work. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GuyManDude 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're here to help you further. Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried following the steps posted by @RokuLianna

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos