Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesFWebster
Reel Rookie

Notifications coming on old email address

I signed up with an old email address. Then almost a year ago I decided to kill the associated website which would kill that email, so I changed my account email address but decided to keep the old one active for a year to make sure I'd changed the address everywhere. Later, I subscribed to FUBO, but yesterday I cancelled that service and received notification at the old email address. I checked my account, and it shows the new email address. How can I purge that old email address out of the system?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Notifications coming on old email address

@CharlesFWebster-

Trying to understand.  Can you put these in the correct chronological order and supply answers to my questions?

• You set up your Roku account with email A.
  • You decided to change to using email B but kept email A active for now.
  • You updated your Roku account to use email B.  You now must use email B to log into your Roku account and it shows via Settings/System/Account.  (DID you update your Roku account email?).
  • You subscribed to FUBO.  Was this thru Roku or directly with FUBO?  If through Roku, which email was in effect on your Roku account at the time?  If directly with FUBO, which email did you use?
  • You unsubscribed from FUBO and received a confirmation email sent to email A.  Did this email come from Roku or from FUBO?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CharlesFWebster
Reel Rookie

Set up Roku account with email A.

Decided to change to using email B but kept email A active for now.

Updated Roku account to use email B.  now must use email B to log into Roku account and it shows via Settings/System/Account. (YES)

Subscribed to FUBO.  This was thru Roku, email B was in effect on my Roku account at the time.

Unsubscribed from FUBO and received a confirmation email sent to email A.  Email came from Roku (noreply@roku.com).

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Then you've got me stumped.  I changed the email address on my Roku account a couple of years ago and the emails I get (from this forum) all come to my updated email address.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos