Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound half the time unless I do system reset on Hisense Roku tv

AT least 1/2 the time when I turn the tv on there is no sound on any channel or stream.  Only if I unplug the tv or do a system restart will the sound works and that will fix it always.  So it seems the tv can shut down and restart in two ways but only one way allows the sound to work.  This seems to have started around the time of the last update in May and lately is starting to occur every time I turn it on.

software version 12.0.0 build 4182-90

device 3G609D723906

serial ID YK00D8723906 , Model 43H4+

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No sound half the time unless I do system reset on Hisense Roku tv

Note that simply turning off the TV and turning it back on doesn't do much of anything as far as restarting.  It's similar to pressing the power button on your phone to turn off the screen.  Unplugging the TV or performing a "System restart" pretty much do the same thing.

I don't have any idea why you're losing sound, but try enabling "Fast TV start" under Settings->System->Power to see if it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.