Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the changes in Live TV Channel numbers.

Your feedback has been acknowledged, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused while streaming. Rest assured that this concern has been forwarded to our team for review, and appropriate steps might be taken for resolution.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback. Your input is valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How can I get the channel numbers to show on my guide on the Roku channel?

0 Kudos
rreed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You’ll need to go to the chat section on Roku site. They took away the numbers and apparently are refusing to reinstate them. It’s annoying. Also, unless another user can help, I don’t see any way to change channels in favorites without going all the way back to the left to “favorites” and starting all over.  Not sure why they are so willing to make all their subscribers/members angry enough to dump Roku 

Northman18

Jump to solution

Why? Who's idea was it to remove channel numbers? I knew the channels I wanted to watch by the numbers. Now I guess I'm supposed to just scroll till I find something. Well if that was the idea then it was a bad one because you just lost a customer. I'll pay for Sling and reloaded the Pluto TV app. So good by Roku, I'll never watch it again. Oh, the person with that great idea to remove channel numbers should be FIRED!

smithdoor
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The number are very helpful it sad Roku does not want to give the option for numbers. 

It is simple programming for option so all will be happy 

Dave 

nhmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I very strongly agree with those who find the removal of the channel numbers absurd and absolutely user-unfriendly. A completely bad idea to remove the numbers, to be replaced with little logos and squiggles one can barely read, and give you no idea where you are in the list. Roku, are you listening? We want the NUMBERS BACK!!!  ASAP!

thanks,

disgruntled Roku user

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To add to the confusion and frustration of the missing channel numbers, the Roku commercials all reflect the channel numbers!!

How about an update Roku.......

bjohnson7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Roku:

You have a bunch of hardcore users in your community. I'd second the request to ASK US FIRST!!! Post a **bleep** message stating: "HEY GUYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS???". You will get a lot of honest feedback. You might even get clues to building new features the competition doesn't even have yet. You don't need to spend stupids on controlled focus groups paid to give you an answer you already want and we don't... The community server costs are already covered, SO YOU CAN ASK FOR FREE!!!

!!!WHAT A DEAL!!!

And I agree with the guy above, someone needs to be fired over this. Someone taking away such an obvious and needed feature has no business leading this company into the future. History has proven that they ALWAYS lead everyone into the ground.

0 Kudos
bjohnson7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And let me also add, I'm evaluating Roku with an Express+. The remote control is less than primitive (the only remote control I have without numbers is my window AC). I don't have any "voice" features... and I hate the idea of voice remote to begin with (privacy and battery). I change the channel over the network in dev mode... and few people would tolerate this. I don't have a cell phone right now because voice quality sucks... but since I'm cutting the cord soon, I may be forced... but I don't like the future idea of having my "maybe" phone around just to watch TV.

"The Roku Channel" has several sub-channels I'm starting to watch... BUT THE ORGANIZATION IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL MESS! It is very unpleasant to navigate... especially using a remote without numbers. If I'm navigating at the close of one episode on one channel and trying to get to another episode starting right now on another channel, IT IS AN EPIC FAIL! I'm sure there are many others with an Express+ or older models who feel the same way. (On TRC's home screen, there really needs to be a "Jump To Channel Number" entry box at the top of the screen for quick navigation.)

Did nobody in the dev team bring this up? TRC has been around for a handfull of years now. Maybe it wasn't a big deal at the start with only a few channels, but with a FEW HUNDRED, it is a big problem that is quite obvious.

Don't get me started about trying to find my "Favorites" list.

0 Kudos
smithdoor
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku needs to add a option for channel numbers.

It would give everyone the option. 

I did find if I use phone I enter the number as a temp fix.

Dave 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.