Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btonsick
Binge Watcher

Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

Not sure what I did or Roku did, but I no longer have the channel 'numbers' on the Roku guide.  For example, the NFL channel used to show 211 included with the logo.  Each channel had a number associated with it making it easier to scan/scroll through my favorites to get to what I was looking for without reading each logo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Domino1968
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

Hallelujah!!!  The channel numbers are back.  Roku, can we please keep it that way?!!!

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@btonsick 

I noticed the same thing this morning on my Ultra 4660 (OS 12.0).  On my RokuTV (OS 12.5), I still have channel numbers for the LiveTV streaming channels on the Roku Channel.

Looks like Roku is updating the Roku Channel LiveTV Guide to provide for the removal of channel numbers. (https://www.roku.com/blog/os-12-5), so will just start pushing it to devices. (thanks to @renojim for pointing this out in another thread).

-----

Don't really care for this unnumbered list as it is actually more unorganized. (supposedly 12.5 will allow user to personalize/order your streaming channels, but of course has not yet been implemented.  Roku is infamous for pushing only half of a feature on release).  If you want to switch channels using Voice Remote, you now need to know the "Channel Name".  When saying the Channel Name, a submenu pops up asking whether to switch to the Chanel Name on LiveTV or install the Channel Name standalone chanel/app.  Prior to this, you only needed to say the "Channel Number" into the Voice Remote and the channel automatically switched to said "Channel Number".

Can no longer simply share with someone where a channel is located by number.  Now need to tell them "between channel A and channel B".  Does not help that the Categories section on left is also incomplete and missing channels that should be included in the selected Category.

Not an improvement in my opinion.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

I woke up this morning to turn on my news and all of the channel numbers are going on roku. What's up with this?

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Looking for answers as well..........glad to hear its not only me.

Fargonedl

Jump to solution

I just did the same thing I used the voice command and after that the numbers were gone and I would like to have them back I just don't get it If something is working why mess with it

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just checked my two Roku's and the numbers are still there.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Looks like this is a known feature that is being enabled. It's mentioned in one of the changes in OS 12.5. Now that it has rolled out to most users, Roku is now enabling various features.

https://www.roku.com/blog/os-12-5

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Fargonedl wrote:

....I just don't get it If something is working why mess with it

Ahhh.  Welcome to the decision making of Roku, my friend.

People who work at Roku: "If it is not broken, we are not needed here, so let's break it so we can fix it and show how invaluable we are."

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Royalfan85

Jump to solution

I hope they fix this. I do not know whether to go up or down now to find the channel I want to watch

jbridgeman

Jump to solution

I absolutely hate what has happened! Not having the channel numbers to identify what network you are watching is ridiculous! Now I have to sort by category for a quicker way to get to the program channel I watch on a regular basis. Having to read the names of the networks is time consuming, especially when a program is about to start and you've got to scroll through listings, one by one!! PLEASE RETURN THEM TO THE CHANNEL GUIDE ASAP!!!