Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cplproctor

Issue with screen mirroring on one of my Roku 4k+ sticks

Jump to solution

I have a real head scratcher here. We have always been able to screen mirror from our Samsung Galaxy s10e phones to both of our Roku 4k+ sticks, but now it only connects with one of them. Both my wife's phone and mine are on the same version, so I checked each Roku stick and they both version 13.1.4 Build 1510.
I've search for others with the same issue, and have tried restarting both Roku sticks as well as our phones. We are running a wireless connection, obviously since we have the sticks. Why it's working fine on one and not the other has me confused.
We also have a Samsung tablet and it IS able to screen mirror to the stick that has the issue. Normally, that would tell me that the stick is incompatible with the phone, but why does it work for one stick and not the other? 
Anyone have this same issue, and hopefully a suggestion to fix the issue?  Thank you in advance for any input! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issue with screen mirroring on one of my Roku 4k+ sticks

Jump to solution

Thanks for hopping in here in the Roku Community, @cplproctor.

We see you're experiencing an unintended behavior using the screen mirroring feature on your Roku Streaming Sticks. Don't worry; we'd be glad to get this issue investigated.

To begin the thorough review of this incident, kindly provide us with the information below:

• When did this issue first occur?
  • Does the issue happen before or after the update? 
  • Aside from rebooting the Roku, what other specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
  • Do you encounter any error messages when connecting to the Roku Stick?
  • Kindly provide the Android Version of the phone that can't Screen Mirror to your Roku. 

To know more about it, please visit this support article: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted along with the details above.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issue with screen mirroring on one of my Roku 4k+ sticks

Jump to solution

Thanks for hopping in here in the Roku Community, @cplproctor.

We see you're experiencing an unintended behavior using the screen mirroring feature on your Roku Streaming Sticks. Don't worry; we'd be glad to get this issue investigated.

To begin the thorough review of this incident, kindly provide us with the information below:

• When did this issue first occur?
  • Does the issue happen before or after the update? 
  • Aside from rebooting the Roku, what other specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
  • Do you encounter any error messages when connecting to the Roku Stick?
  • Kindly provide the Android Version of the phone that can't Screen Mirror to your Roku. 

To know more about it, please visit this support article: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted along with the details above.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.