Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RubyNC
Reel Rookie

Re: Indicator light stays on after 11.5 update

Same issue, I have the Ultra 2022.  It was off until I turned it on last night.  Now the light won't go out, I have disabled the screen saver and the power saving to turn off after 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

On my 2022 ultra 4802x just turning off the power save fixed that issue, on my 2021 4800r purchased April 2021 I had to turn off the screensaver. 

The 4800r was blacking out after 19 months of ownership so I retired it. 
The new 4802x works but the new remote now quits working, pressing keys cause unexpected results or nothing at all (randomly), it’s in full failure mode, resets etc do nothing.
The 4800r remote still works fine with the 4802x.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RubyNC, disabling both the screensaver and the power saving feature will make the light stay on all the time.  The light is supposed to go out when either the screensaver or power saving activate.  There may be some interaction with the TV (i.e., if the TV's off the light should go out), but if there is it seems to be hit or miss whether that works.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RubyNC
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
TBS-930
Reel Rookie

I always have the screensaver and power saver on, but the light stays on. Sometimes my Ultra 4800 indicator light goes out, but not always. My Ultra 4802 light never goes out. With both units, I have the same settings with the screensaver and power saver.

0 Kudos
DeDe53

Bought Ultra LT on Friday. Had an ultra for 6 years and no problem till I got this. I tried all the fixes stated in the forum and nothing seems to work. The light will go off after a while and for some reason it comes back on. My tv setup hasn’t changed since I swapped the old ultra out. Must be a software glitch in the update. 

Roku, what do you believe the ETA on an update to address this bug. It seems like it’s been around since the update was released over three months ago?

ksedwar
Reel Rookie

Roku, what do you believe the ETA on an update to address this bug.

I've been wondering this too.

RoyElam
Streaming Star

Hi DeDe53, Did you try leaving the screen saver on and turning the power saver off?

RubyNC
Reel Rookie

I did this and it worked !

Thanks

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

TBS930:

On the 4800 (pre 2022 ultra) turn the screen saver off and power saver on.

On the 4802x (2022 ultra) turn the screen saver on and power saver off.