Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClassicStreamer
Reel Rookie

I want a device with Roku, local DVR storage, and an antenna port so I can watch local channels.

I use a Roku(4K) device, a small DVR box with antenna (DVR box only shows the scanned local channels, no streaming) to record local channels(about 25 local channels)  and the basic smart TV. Three remotes. I need a device that has Roku, DVR storage for locals and that you can plug antenna in to get those local channels. Too far fetched? Maybe. Not like it's technology that doesn't exist. I have 3 TV/streaming capabilities already. They just need to be combined. HDTV antenna, streaming capabilities and a USB DVR. I'd buy it tomorrow. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Maybe this already exists?

The closest would be something like a Tablo. It's a network connected TV tuner and DVR. You use apps on various devices to access it. You could use the Tablo app on a Roku to access it, and that Roku is also for your normal streaming.

https://www.tablotv.com/ 

ClassicStreamer
Reel Rookie

I think I looked at the Tablo last year and knowing me I probably thought it was too expensive. I only record a couple of live network programs a week. But I did not know you could access Tablo thru Roku. You probably still have to use the Tablo remote to record and change live channels? I don't think Roku makes an antenna or a DVR but they probably could. They integrated the streaming device with a sound bar. Just add the branded antenna and an inexpensive tuner. The HD will be USB so we can plug our own HD. The one I use now was less than 30 bucks. I appreciate the suggestion. Thank you 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The Tablo is fully controlled through apps. It has no remote. The current Gen 4 has 128GB built in. You can add an external drive.

There are 2 versions. A 2 tuner and a 4 tuner. Multiple devices can access it simultaneously.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Silicon Dust also sells the HDHomeRun network tuner devices. These support connecting a hard drive and performing DVR functions, and a Roku can be used to view both OTA live broadcasts and anything that has been recorded. The Roku remote will control the HDHR through their app, and in fact there is no remote available for the HDHR. They have multiple models available, including one with two ATSC 3.0/1.0 tuners along with two more ATSC 1.0 tuners, so a total of four. This is the one I have. But if you don't need four tuners or ATSC 3.0, they have devices with one or two tuners as well.

There is no Roku device that can view OTA and record for later viewing. Roku TVs do allow connecting a USB drive, but it only works to pause and rewind/replay something you're already watching. You cannot record something for later viewing.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.