Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrDB
Binge Watcher

I can't select photo stream by device

I have created a unique photo stream for both of our properties.  Property A photo stream and property B photo stream.  At property A, I selected the A photo stream and then went to property B and selected property B photo stream as my screensaver.  When I went back to property A, property B photo stream was now displaying.  

I have determined that whichever photo streams you choose last, either at roku.com or on a device, it will change all devices to use the same photo stream.  What is the point of have multiple photo steams if you can't choose which photo stream you want on each device?  

In my application, I have photos with information and recommendations for the property the guests are staying at... so any other property photo stream is irrelevant.  Does this happen to everyone or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't select photo stream by device

I believe the Photo Stream choice is for your Roku ACCOUNT, not your Roku DEVICE.  You may have to link each location's device(s) to its own specific Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DrDB
Binge Watcher

yes, I think that would be an option, but it would certainly make setting using my account a lot more difficult I think... right?  Since they have separate steams wouldn't it make sense to do that at the device level?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@DrDB-

As it stands, this is no different than your channel apps being tied to your Roku account instead of individual devices.

What makes sense and how Roku does things sometimes don't agree.

But one other element of Photo Streams is they can be shared with other peoples' Roku accounts, which I suspect makes altering features more complicated.

One thing you might want to explore would be to put one of your units into Guest mode and see if you can get what you want that way.  You'll be on your own -- I don't want to try it here because it would remove all my channel logins on that device (and I'd rather not go through that hassle to answer someone else's questions 🙂).  I've not played with Guest Mode so I'm not familiar with its ins and outs. I don't know if you'll be able to access your Photo Stream selections all, let alone choose a different stream.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DrDB
Binge Watcher

thanks for the reply... i did actually consider Guest mode and that was one of the reasons I moved all my devices to a Roku.... that was before I found out that guest mode drops all the Owner app logins, so if we have a guest that wants to use the apps we provide, we'd have to goto the property to login the apps after each guest mode!  That was a complete and total fail I'm afraid... if we could do guest mode on... guests use their login and apps, and guest mode off, our apps are still logged in... we'd be golden and I'd give it a whirl.. but as is.. guest most is useless and I can't even consider it.  Most guests use our logins.... and since I cant log us back in remotely... I see no workaround there.

0 Kudos