Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kone
Channel Surfer

How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

What the heck is the Alexa command to "unpause"?  I successfully paused via Pause but cannot figure out how to tell her to start again.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
filthy
Reel Rookie

Re: How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

Say 'resume'.

And why does anybody have to dig around the internet to find commands for a commercial device?

WHERE IS THE FULL LIST OF COMMANDS!!!!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
marz

Re: Alexa command to "unpause"...

Jump to solution

Play ? 

That works w other stuff

0 Kudos
filthy
Reel Rookie

Re: How to 'unpause' my Roku device with Alexa commands

Jump to solution

Say 'resume'.

And why does anybody have to dig around the internet to find commands for a commercial device?

WHERE IS THE FULL LIST OF COMMANDS!!!!!

ejcor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Use: Alexa.....continue on Roku.

stephentoback
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Resume or continue just plays my ambient noise skill, it doesn't unpause Roku. I say "Alexa, tell roku to resume" or "Alext tell roku to continue" and the ambient noise that was playing last night continues. 

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@stephentoback @kone 

I find that the Alexa Skill can get confused with what you want to PAUSE/RESUME if that device has also recently played Audio or Podcast streams. If I have paused something on Roku and it won't respond to RESUME or CONTINUE command I find that using the PAUSE ROKU command again will RESUME / CONTINUE on the Roku. Think of it as a toggle. Not intuitive and not elegant, but I find it gets the Roku streaming again.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector (120") | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN) | Roku Express 4K+
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
stephentoback
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. So are you saying I should try to pause the ambient sound and then try to continue the Roku?

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@stephentoback wrote:

Thanks so much. So are you saying I should try to pause the ambient sound and then try to continue the Roku?

If you are stuck in that loop, I would ask Alexa to STOP to turn off the ambient sound and then ask Alexa to PAUSE ROKU again and it should toggle from the current state of a paused video on Roku and go back to streaming. Like I said, it is not elegant, but if Continue or Resume Roku are getting you stuck with it kicking off other recent audio stream from that Roku device I find that just using PAUSE to toggle from ON to OFF seems to work best.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector (120") | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN) | Roku Express 4K+
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
filthy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All Apps are not supported. TV.Youtube works however Youtube does not.

Your mileage may vary!

july1955
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found that "Unpause Roku" worked until today. Suddenly Alexa plays Radio.com if I try "Unpause Roku" or "Play Roku"  -- very frustrating as I was so pleased with the pause/unpause feature. I've tried all the suggestions here in the replies and none are working.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.