Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deoconnel
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

Thanks. I tried to delete every option in the app as well. Then I deleted the app and reinstalled. I was so excited because ‘continue watching’ was gone - for about 1/2 a second.

thanks for your advice!

tiberius2112
Reel Rookie

I just deleted the Roku app.  I'll let Pluto get the add dollars. 

rddtf3
Reel Rookie

"The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible."

That's the best excuse you have? I'm a software engineer and that's wrong on so many levels 🙄

SM45
Channel Surfer

My Roku player usb power comes from my TV, so when I turn off the TV, the Roku player has to reboot after turning on the TV, and the Roku Home "continue watch ribbon" never works due to the power being turned off then on again. Please allow users to eliminate this continue watching ribbon in the settings section.  Stupid new feature does not make sense and doesn't work for most users!

stvjhnsn

Thanks , it worked for me. 

Ew question, what do I do when I want to add a channel since I no longer see the option?

0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

It will come back. The feature sucks. It's like a very bad dream that keeps coming back. 

TVB99
Binge Watcher

This is an incredibly insulting response. It's only part of the OS because you MADE it part of the OS. Just like every other "feature" of the OS, it can be removed if ROKU decides to make it removable. All we're asking for is the option to do that. (And not to be insulted by some jerk telling us it can't be done.)

Immutable1

This worked for me on my older Roku... Go to continue watching list, scroll L or R onto program/movie, click * star button tap up arrow on remote to remove from continue watching. Do not click on the program/movie only scroll to it then press * button.

0 Kudos
rbump

This is terrible. I don’t need my kids seeing or trying to continue what I watch. I have a passcode but don’t like it up there on the list. Y’all need to fix this. I’m upset by this change and so are others from the comments. This should only be a feature in each personal profile. Not the main Home Screen! 😕

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@stvjhnsn The shortcut to add a channel does not have to be used to add a channel.  Just go to the left of the home screen and use search to find the channel you want to add.  When found just add the channel.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.