Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arfous
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

I got mine 10/20, the “Continue Watching” is still not removable!😵💫

0 Kudos
endsmeat217
Binge Watcher

Guys you don’t understand. They’re still finalizing the final finalizations before they can finally finalize the final finalities. This is a very complicated process and has nothing to do with Roku trying to figure out how to make the feature optional but still get kickbacks from the participating apps. 

Hexed
Channel Surfer

Turned on my tv, and noticed this new "feature" added today.  First thing I did was to go into settings to turn off/disable it; nothing found.  Then I tried to update the system/reboot; still nothing.  Then hopped online to search how to disable it; found this thread.

Seeing that this thread was created almost 3 months ago, and starting today my Roku devices had this appear (something I do not want); makes me concerned.

I'm not sure how long I'll wait for it to be removed from my devices, but it won't be months.

To be honest, I'm shocked I received this on my Roku devices starting today; after months of people stating complaints and problems with it.

Consider me another unhappy customer.

MarkAB

Turned on my Roku tv 15 minutes ago to find this "new" ribbon on my home page.  Then spent the last 15 minutes reading the other complaints that started 3 months ago.  This is a bunch of BS.  I don't want my grandchildren seeing Pennywise every time we turn on the tv.   Enough is enough!! You've had over 3 months to fix this "bug" you created.   We've had Roku's since the beginning, but are seriously considering switching to Amazon Fire. You are gong to lose many loyal customers over this. 

0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

You would think by now they would push an update. It has been about 3 month and nothing yet.

0 Kudos
willir64
Binge Watcher

I find it funny that every bad thing that Roku does the claim that it is a part of the operating system and can’t be changed. But yet they made change to the operating system to add it but they can’t change it! You believe that we’re stupid and can’t figure it out. 

0 Kudos
HungyB1

Whoever created this and is now defending it from the many people who are displeased has obviously never had kids.

So now kids have to be exposed to mature images that we are watching on adult accounts on the homepage we ALL use to get to accounts, even kids ones?? And we have no option to remove it? Make it optional, or we will discontinue being roku customers.

endsmeat217
Binge Watcher

They're just straight up lying at this point, using stall tactics in the hopes that we'll all just 'forget' about this and drop the issue. People aren't that stupid. We all know they could remove this feature any time they want to.

adams2222
Channel Surfer

Please remove this feature. It is aggravating. Give users the option to keep the feature or not.

0 Kudos
Mfin
Reel Rookie

this is an unsatisfactory, repetitive, and, specious answer.  It is an obnoxious and obviously unwanted feature. It should never been adopted, and should have been removed immediately after receiving so much negative feedback. Roku is no different from the rest of corporate america. Greed reigns.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.