Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb1shop

How to enable Teletext on Model: 100021258

Jump to solution

How do we enable Teletext on Onn Roku Tv Model: 100021258. I’ve consulted the quick start guide, the tv manual, and even called customer service which wasn’t helpful. The TV remote does not come with numbers, so we purchased a Philips universal remote SRP9243B/27. When using the Philips remote, we get a message on the tv that states “Teletext is not enabled”.

If I am not able to use a remote to quickly change channels, how does a Roku TV go from channel 4 to channel 100 if I want to jump stations while watching live TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Teletext on model Lt-32CR230

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Please be advised that closed captions are not visible until activated. For some service providers, closed captions are activated from within the channel.

For many channels, closed captions can be activated from the settings of your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. To open the Captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear
    • Off–captions never appear
    • On always – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channels.
    • On replay – captions appear only after pressing Replay 

on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
    • On mute – captions appear only when the volume is muted
      • Note: The "On mute" selection is not available on all Roku devices.

For more detailed information about closed captioning (Teletext), see this article: How to enable closed captioning.

If you need further clarification or have any other inquiries, feel free to start a new discussion and share your questions here. I hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to enable Teletext on Model: 100021258

Jump to solution

We (many customers) have the same issue.
currently, there is no other way but using the App to type the desired TV channels ( ex. 9.1 or 18.3 )

ROKU Team has not other alternatives 

: (

Re: How to enable Teletext on Model: 100021258

Jump to solution

Can not access teletext how do you do it

0 Kudos
Craigyboy

Teletext on model Lt-32CR230

Jump to solution

How do I get the teletext to come on as when pressing red button it only goes over to i-player

0 Kudos
Craigyboy

Jump to solution

Hi

Please can you help me with getting the teletext to work as when pressing red button it only goes over to the i-player

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Please be advised that closed captions are not visible until activated. For some service providers, closed captions are activated from within the channel.

For many channels, closed captions can be activated from the settings of your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. To open the Captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear
    • Off–captions never appear
    • On always – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channels.
    • On replay – captions appear only after pressing Replay 

on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
    • On mute – captions appear only when the volume is muted
      • Note: The "On mute" selection is not available on all Roku devices.

For more detailed information about closed captioning (Teletext), see this article: How to enable closed captioning.

If you need further clarification or have any other inquiries, feel free to start a new discussion and share your questions here. I hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.