Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmulek
Reel Rookie

Homekit no response same issue

I am having this same issue with my Onn 70” Roku tv.  Done those steps and it only lasts connected for an hour.   Eventually it gets stuck on.”no response”

help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

Re: Homekit no response same issue

I hate to say it @jmulek, but I haven’t been able to fix my 55” TCL TV either. I’ve genuinely tried everything and easily spent over 20+ cumulative hours attempting every reset scenario listed above and on YouTube (until about July 2022). I haven’t attempted to fix it again in a while, but I couldn’t figure it out. Pretty frustrating because I’ve always wanted to setup HomeKit automations with it, and I haven’t been able to because of how unreliable it’s been. My TV still gives me the no response as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @jmulek @GuitarMan64

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with Homekit connecting to your Roku TV. 

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Have you made sure to enable the settings properly as outlined in our Support page here: Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

The most common issues regarding Homekit are:

• Do both your Roku device and Apple device support AirPlay 2?
  • Are your Roku device and Apple device connected to the same wireless network?
  • Has AirPlay been turned off on your Roku device?

Please keep us posted with an update and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmulek
Reel Rookie

Thanks for asking here.  Funny, after a couple of days of playing with it it seems to be stable.   

I have the settings as outlined on that link and all match requirements.  

ao far it’s been consistently connected to HomeKit for 48 hours.  I’ll post back if something goes wrong.  

0 Kudos
GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

I appreciate you reaching out. I have tried the steps outlined in the hyperlink above. I did have some luck when I adjusted the AirPlay settings a few months back (turning it on and off) for a few days, but the changes didn't last. HomeKit was working flawlessly for me until I updated my operating system around the November/December 2022 timeframe; it unfortunately hasn't worked since. I can't remember the exact software version number, but I want to say it was something like 10.9. Roku actually allowed you to downgrade versions for a while because it was so buggy at the time of release; then they eventually forced the upgrade which re-broke HomeKit for me. I've attempted multiple factory resets, but I keep getting the dreaded "No Response" error consistently about 4 hours after the factory reset no matter what I do. I'd kinda given up on it for a while because of the amount of time I already spent trying to fix it. My TV is the TCL model 55S405 w/hardware ID of 7105X and software version 11.5.0 build 4312-30. Do you have any other suggestions of what I should do?

Thank you for looking into this for me, @RokuDanny-R !

0 Kudos
GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

@jmulek, what settings did you change to do this? I'll be eager to hear if the HomeKit support lasts! Wish you the best of luck!

0 Kudos