Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerry46

Guest Mode not available in Australia

I am making this post to provide feedback to ROKU's Product Management.

I purchased ROKU TV recently in Australia mainly because I want to use the Guest Mode for AirBNB. I purchased 2 Kogan Roku TVs based on the adverting of that feature on the internet. When they arrived I found out that there is no Guest Mode. Searching the internet I found out that the guest more is not provided for Australia.

I am returning the TVs because I feel misled by Roku. Actually I am pretty upset. Roku should make it clear in their internet posts and YouTube videos that such feature is not available in all countries. I would have never bought the TV with ROKU OS if i know there is not guest mode. I would purchase Google TV.

In addition, I do not understand why Roku disables the feature for other countries. They are loosing customers (especially AirBNB hosts), because there is no reason to get Roku TV over Google TV without that Guest Mode feature.

• All major TV manufactures moving to Google TV including TCL.
  • All better TVs have Google TV.
  • The only great feature "Guest Mode" which can sell your Roku TV to AirBNB hosts is removed.

What is Roku management thinking?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.