Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer88

Family friendly ads and thumbnails

I just got a roku TV and I'm really concerned that my 9 year old can see mature images in thumbnails and ads, even if i have the control to not let him download the content it advertises. I know I'm not the only parent who has complained about this. What is it going to take for a solution to be created? It's 2024 and I have read concerns about this going back to 2021. Surely there is a large enough number of users requesting this?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
UpsetGuestMode
Channel Surfer

Re: Family friendly ads and thumbnails

Same concern here. My youngest is 10 and some of the stuff displayed is not suitable. I'm afraid that Roku's advertising revenue outweighs child safety protocols. Guest mode also exhibits this behavior and I have received one comment from a guest explaining it is not suitable. There appears to be no mechanism to control this and I doubt there will be anything implemented.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.