Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4K+ will not go to Home screen after initial boot, turns off

We appreciate you for clarifying, @scott205.

Since you've mentioned above that you already changed the sound selections, please be aware that the sound feature can only be heard when navigating to your Roku Home screen. 

If you are in a specific app selecting the movies you want, the feature will not work because you are in a different domain. May we know if the sound also disappears even when navigating to your Home screen? 

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Express 4K+ will not go to Home screen after initial boot, turns off

Had this ROKU a good 6 months. Always worked until recently. Reboot to home screen...ROKU letters bounce and make the sounds, which sometimes is silent as well. Today 'ROKU' bounced and made the default sound. I went to several apps on my home screen, which sound selection then was quiet. The other day went I went to apps it made the selected sound choice but then went silent again when rebooted again. I have unplugged both HDMI/USB power twice...no difference. THX!!!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.