Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gweberly
Reel Rookie

Display Setting Challenge

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and changed the display setting to 720p. It did not go to the photo that asks if you want to keep the setting, it just gave me a blue screen.  Ive done hard resets and unplugged it. After the setup screens it goes back to the blue screen.  

Any suggestions to reset the display setting?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Display Setting Challenge

Jump to solution

@Gweberly 

If you cannot take the Roku device to another TV and access the Display Settings to change it back, or use another HDMI port on the original TV to get a signal again, try performing a Factory Reset. (Press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds).

If you are currently using the TV USB power port for power, try using a 5volt, 1amp USB power adapter at the wall (any cell phone 5volt,1amp charging adapter) prior to the factory reset just to rule out a power issue as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gweberly 

If you cannot take the Roku device to another TV and access the Display Settings to change it back, or use another HDMI port on the original TV to get a signal again, try performing a Factory Reset. (Press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds).

If you are currently using the TV USB power port for power, try using a 5volt, 1amp USB power adapter at the wall (any cell phone 5volt,1amp charging adapter) prior to the factory reset just to rule out a power issue as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Gweberly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That worked!  Thanks! 

0 Kudos