Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acassibry
Reel Rookie

Closed captioning on roku live

I’m using the Roku app on a Sony Bravia TV. I DO NOT have a Roku device or remote. I manipulate the app with the TV’s remote. I’m trying to turn on closed captioning. I found the captions menu and how to choose color and font and size, etc. but there is NO way to toggle CC on or off!!! How do I turn the dang captions on? My set up doesn’t have an accessibility menu, just captions menu. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Closed captioning on roku live

Since I don't have a Sony TV, I can't help you except to say that you might have to look for a setting within the Roku app itself, not the TV's settings.  While the video is playing, try various buttons on your remote to see if you can get a menu to pop up, but not the "menu" button which would only be for the TV.  Try the arrows, OK/select, any kind of "info" button, etc.  There may also be a way to get to "Settings" within the app - look at the end of the content.

Hopefully someone with a Sony TV will come along with a better answer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Acassibry
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed captioning on roku live

Thanks. There is a CC button on the Sony remote that turns on CC for every other app (Prime, Netflix) but doesn’t for the Roku app. Inside the ROKU app there is no ON/OFF toggle for CC that I can find. Only the settings like color and font. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.