Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericm1
Binge Watcher

Can I watch the same channel on two different devices

Jump to solution

Trying to figure out if I can watch the same show on multiple roku devices without registering each one. As an example, if I'm watching HBOMAX in the family room and my wife wants to continue watching upstairs on another roku equipped tv while I stay in the family room, is there a way to mirror what I am watching? If I have limited device connectivity with pay streaming services, I don't want to have to register multiple roku devices in the same house.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch the same channel on two different devices

Jump to solution

There's no way to mirror from one Roku device to another.  Most premium providers will allow a multitude of devices to be linked to the same account, so I don't think you have to worry about that.  What they may limit is the number of simultaneous users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch the same channel on two different devices

Jump to solution

There's no way to mirror from one Roku device to another.  Most premium providers will allow a multitude of devices to be linked to the same account, so I don't think you have to worry about that.  What they may limit is the number of simultaneous users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.