Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cicada

Bluetooth support for headphone/speaker

Jump to solution

I've been a loyal Roku user for many years but I may need to change systems due to the lack of bluetooth support for headphones/speaker... Is there a plan to support 3rd party bluetooth audio in a future build or device?

-Bruce 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth support for headphone/speaker

Jump to solution

@cicada, several devices support Bluetooth headphones.

How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku ...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cicada, several devices support Bluetooth headphones.

How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku ...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@cicada wrote:

I've been a loyal Roku user for many years but I may need to change systems due to the lack of bluetooth support for headphones/speaker... Is there a plan to support 3rd party bluetooth audio in a future build or device?

-Bruce 

@cicada Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community! We appreciate your support. We definitely hear you and as @renojim pointed out (he's kind of a guru around here), many of our newer products do support Bluetooth natively.

If you have a product that doesn't support Bluetooth natively, you have two other options:

Bluetooth is a hardware addition so it isn't possible for us to add native Bluetooth to older devices. But, in many cases the Roku Mobile App may work. If you notice a mismatch in audio-sync from the Mobile App, you'll just want to use wired headphones. Or, take a look at your Roku.com Offers Page for curated special offers on one of the devices found on the list of Bluetooth-compatible players. 

Hope to hear your update!

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos